We have had multiple questions regarding what we are doing to stay safe from Covid at Rye Airfield. Here is a comprehensive list of things we have activated since March 14th, 2020.
- Limited admissions purchased online. We are at a fraction of our allowed capacity and intend to stay that way.
- Screening – your temperature will be taken upon arrival and you will need to self-screen for the normal Covid questions regarding symptoms including but not limited to – Travel, Contact, Cough, Fever etc.
- No more tables, chairs or concessions. There is NO place to just hang out.
- No outside food.
- Participants are allowed a single bottle of beverage with their name on it.
- Arrive ready to ride, no backpacks are allowed into the building.
- There are no more general sessions, every session is a training session with coaches on hand for assistance as needed. Make your request for help at the front at anytime.
- Installation of four exhaust fans that move 12,000 cubic feet of air per minute (cfm). This is in addition to our pre-existing system that moved nearly 10,000cfm. We run these fans round the clock with modifications depending upon outside temperature. Basically, whatever the temp is outside will be the temp inside for the time being.
- We purchased an electrostatic backpack sprayer that uses a special viruscide from Victory Products
- We mop and wipe surfaces daily.
- Staff wears masks at check-in.
- We do not currently require participants to wear masks.
With regard to social distancing, we all know what six feet is by now. The park is 50,000 square feet and we put full faith into participants to keep their space from others not in their social group. IF you are not comfortable with the spacing between you and others please create space on your own. We all need to do it.
Potential future changes
- Decrease/Increase on the number of people who can be in the park.
- Requirement of masks for participants
- Additional waiver language