*** WE WILL BE CLOSED Friday November 16 – Sunday November 18 for a Private event ***
We require a waiver for any visitor wishing to participate in any of our riding based activities. At first glance it may seem a little demanding with five pages, initials, signatures and possibly a visit to the notary if the participant is under the age of 18 and their parent or legal guardian cannot bring them to the park. In reality, it takes just a few minutes when done in person at Rye Airfield and once it is completed correctly, the waiver is valid until the participant turns 18, at which point they will complete a new waiver.
The waiver has evolved over time to include new activities in the park like scooters, while also growing in page numbers in an effort to increase the font size, not necessarily the amount of content. A key aspect of the waiver is the collection of accurate contact information that we can use in the event we need to contact the participant or another individual on behalf of the participant. We do not sell or share your personal information.
Quick Waiver Points
- There are 5 pages to our waiver.
- You only need to fill out a waiver on your first visit (and when you turn 18 if you were a minor for your first visit). We keep all waivers in a permanent file storage area (yes that is alot of waivers!)
- We require all participants over the age of 18 and the parent(s) or legal guardian of a minor to present a valid form of photo ID (identification) that also displys D.O.B (date of birth), as part of the waiver process. The following are examples of of valid ID’s: drivers license, passport or state issued ID.
- We require all participants to initial each page as well as sign the final page.
- If the participant is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must also initial each page and sign the final page.
- If the participant is under the age of 18, the waiver must be signed by a parent or legal guardian in the presence of a Rye Airfield employee. – OR – Be witnessed and stamped by a notary public to verify that the individual signing the waiver is in fact the parent or legal guardian.
- Step-parents are not legally a parent or guardian unless they have been recognized as such by a court.
- Foster-parents are not legally a parent or guardian unless they have been recognized as such by a court.
- A legal guardian is a person assigned by a court to take care of a minor, if this is your situation, please come prepared to provide a copy of the documentation provided by the court which proves that you are in fact the legal guardian. For an actual definition of guardian please visit the following link.
- Grandparents, other family members or friends do not become guardians for a day just because they have a parent’s permission, whether verbal or written. Assignment of temporary guardianship requires a legal process to be followed.
- Rye Airfield reserves the right to deny entry to any individual or group if a person misrepresents themselves as a parent or legal guardian of a minor.
By downloading the Rye Airfield waiver you confirm that you understand the previous information, download our waiver here
You must have Adobe Reader to view the waiver