We require a waiver for any visitor wishing to participate in any of our riding based activities. At first glance it may seem a little demanding with multiple pages, initials, signatures etc. In reality, it takes just a few minutes and once it is completed correctly, the waiver is valid until the participant turns 18, at which point they will complete a new waiver.
The waiver has evolved over time to include new activities in the park like scooters, while also growing in page numbers in an effort to increase the font size, not necessarily the amount of content. A key aspect of the waiver is the collection of accurate contact information that we can use in the event we need to contact the participant or another individual on behalf of the participant. We do not sell or share your personal information.
Quick Waiver Points
- You only need to fill out a waiver on or before your first visit (and when you turn 18 if you were a minor for your first visit). We keep all waivers in a permanent file storage area (yes that is alot of waivers!)
- If the participant is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must also initial each page and sign the final page.
- Step-parents are not legally a parent or guardian unless they have been recognized as such by a court.
- Foster-parents are not legally a parent or guardian unless they have been recognized as such by a court.
- A legal guardian is a person assigned by a court to take care of a minor, if this is your situation, please come prepared to provide a copy of the documentation provided by the court which proves that you are in fact the legal guardian. For an actual definition of guardian please visit the following link.
- Grandparents, other family members or friends do not become guardians for a day just because they have a parent’s permission, whether verbal or written. Assignment of temporary guardianship requires a legal process to be followed.
- Rye Airfield reserves the right to deny entry to any individual or group if a person misrepresents themselves as a parent or legal guardian of a minor.
By completing the Rye Airfield waiver you confirm that you understand the previous information.
Here is a link to our NEW digital Waiver