We are Rye Airfield and we love helping out local events with donations towards raffles, contest prizes and more. The number of requests we receive annually is massive, and as a result we do not fulfill every request, although we try to follow up with everybody.
There are however a few things that groups/individuals should know that will aid in getting a request fulfilled:
- Have a flyer that you can put our logo on.
- Offer a cool event that does not discriminate based upon age, race or gender. We favor skate, bike, scooter and inline contests; bike rodeos, art shows; music events; races; kid and family festivals; a-thons of all kinds, you know walk-a-thons, read-a-thons etc.
- If you are a biker gang looking for us to help you out, yah not likely.
- We don’t sponsor any events with cash, it is always passes and product.
- The earlier you ask for sponsorship the better.
- This form IS NOT (sorry that is not yelling, just emphasis) for people to request the park to sponsor them. We don’t actually sponsor people, it just doesn’t work well in the long run. Think of the whole relationship thing, most end with a break up and somebody is always unhappy after. You don’t really want to date a skatepark.
- Post event updates are really awesome and make us more inclined to sponsor your next event.
- ‘Thank you’ notes are nice to receive.
- Shout outs in the media are just so awesome.
- Positive comments on Yelp are even better.